Dedicated California Attorney Works with U.S. Subsidiaries of Japanese Companies
Experienced California lawyer handles business and corporate law matters
Founded in 1984, Michino Law Office is designed to meet the unique needs of Japanese companies doing business in the United States. My name is Mitch Michino, and I am an attorney with more than 45 years of experience representing international business clients. My Malibu, California practice covers nearly all areas of transactional law and litigation, from contract drafting to business formation to employment defense litigation. With decades of experience serving clients throughout the United States, I have earned an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell® for high ethical standards and professional ability. I am dedicated to finding cost-effective, practical solutions for your business needs.
Why Japanese clients trust Michino Law Office
Clients turn to Michino Law Office for a variety of reasons, including:
- My Japanese language and cultural knowledge — I was educated in Japan (Hotoku Gakuen and Keio University Law School - Tokyo), where I was immersed in Japanese language and culture. I understand Japanese social norms and expectations of Japanese business leaders and how to effectively incorporate them into an American framework.
- My legal knowledge — I have deep experience with both American and Japanese law, enabling me to move business transactions forward in ways that respect both sets of laws. In litigation, I develop strategies and tactics that accomplish client goals while maintaining the dignity of all involved.
- My specific focus — My legal practice is dedicated specifically to corporate and business law, and even more specifically to Japanese clients conducting business in the United States. This focus has allowed me to gain experience that most simply do not have.
No matter what legal need you and your company may have, you can rely on Michino Law Office in Malibu, California to help you find a resolution.
A complete business and corporate law practice
My firm provides advice, guidance and representation to clients across a range of legal areas, including:
- Business and corporate law — I help Japanese firms effectively manage nearly all areas of business law and commercial law. From creating contracts to forming a business to mergers and acquisitions, my firm is ready to assist. My knowledge of international law is invaluable in working through any business transaction.
- Labor and employment law — I have extensive experience in labor and employment law for management, including handling severance agreements for employees. I have worked with Japanese companies to amicably terminate employees in ways that are respectful and mindful of their livelihoods.
- Litigation — My firm serves as defense counsel in wrongful termination cases, wage and hour cases, and other types of employment lawsuits. The firm also handles all types of breach of contract litigation, whether your company needs to initiate or defend against a lawsuit.
For international firms that require seasoned American legal representation, Michino Law Office is the right choice.
Get a free consultation with a California corporate law attorney
Michino Law Office in Malibu, California offers powerful advocacy in corporate law matters. Please call 424-346-9314 or contact me online to arrange a free initial consultation.